The human body is subjected to the process of aging that can complicate several functionalities. One of these is the working of the heart. Owing to different factors, starting from genetic to age-related, it starts showing issues and thus affects the normal physiology of humans. Hence it becomes very important for every individual to take proper care of the heart right from the beginning. Read on to know further about cardiologists in Maryland .
Understanding the vulnerability
Before moving ahead with this, it is very important to understand if you are vulnerable to such complications in the first place. The following factors demarcate the same:
- Age above 40 years in both men and women
- Genetic history or family history with cardiovascular issues
- High blood pressure
- High levels of unsaturated fats or cholesterol at pivotal organs of the body
- Active or passive smoking
- Breathing issues
If you fall in any of these categories, then get conscious from the beginning and work on preventing the danger from falling at the eleventh hour.
Taking the medical help
One of the aspects ofcardiovascular doctoris taking up medical help. With the advancement in technology, now it has become very easy to assess the risks and alert the affected ones in advance. The following are some of the tests that are carried out under this:
- Tests for cholesterol or high blood pressure
- CT Scans
- Stress test
- Internal heart ultrasounds, mainly of arteries, carotid and aortic
At the personal level
Along with medical help, some of the steps can also be taken at a personal level, as follows:
- Taking up a balanced diet with nutrients to support the different systems efficiently.
- Staying away from the bad vices of alcohol or chain-smoking, especially if you are in the upper age group.
- Regular exercises and within the limits permissible by the body.
- Keeping in touch with the doctors regularly for updates.
Hence, the prevention lies solely in your hands and you must start working on it in advance.