Education provides knowledge and imbibes discipline while teaching cultural norms and values. It develops youngsters into thinking minds and skillful workers. It is a two-way process – learning as well as teaching. It improves the lives of citizens and helps society to evolve.
Education creates awareness and promotes curiosity and the thirst to learn more. We need skill to accomplish a job. We can learn to be skillful and succeed in our careers. There is another type of skill that defines a personality. It is called soft-skill like communication, leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal, teamwork, time management, risk management, stress management, etc. They help increase our confidence.
As the need for better education increased, the need for better educational aids also increased. Earlier, one library would be sufficient to cater to the needs of all students in a school. When people started realizing the importance of education, the number of students increased. Educational aids were in high demand, but the supply was not sufficient.
With the advent of the internet, access to information became easy. Powerful search engines opened up a world of knowledge ready to be lapped up by enthusiastic learners. Schools, colleges, universities, and soft-skill training institutes adopted online teaching to make learning more interactive and accessible. Computers became essential learning aids. Information technology became the most sought after subject. Online education offered many advantages like:
- Better access to information.
- Communication became instant and easy.
- Interactive lessons
- Flexibility in assignments and assessments
When AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology entered the educational scene, learning and teaching became much more sophisticated. Innovative companies like Clinc help integrate AI with existing resources and offer personalized, high-tech learning experience to students.
Let us understand how AI has taken the education scene by storm.
- Personalized education: AI considers how much a student already knows and what more is required. AI offers tailor-made study material to students to help increase their efficiency by meeting their specific needs.
- Digitalized content: AI helps generate and update digital textbooks, bite-sized lessons, study guides, etc., using digital learning interfaces. AI enables innovative ways to perceive information with simulation, visualization, and web-based study environments.
- Task automation: Teachers spend many hours in routine tasks like grading, assessing, and providing performance feedback to students. AI takes over these tasks from teachers allowing them to utilize the valuable time for tasks like interacting with students, upskilling themselves, organize their lessons/ teaching aids.
- Tutoring: AI helps save time. It provides basic information in the classroom using chatbots and virtual assistants. Teachers then take over and become facilitators/motivators by encouraging students to learn in-depth about the subject. Students are also availing AI-powered personalized tutoring outside the classroom.
- Special-needs tutoring There are many students in need of special tutoring aids to overcome their learning disabilities. AI provides special learning tools to children who are hard of hearing, virtually impaired, or suffering from ASD.